");

New To Bmx - Help Please

1 reply to this topic

#1 dan_b

dan_b

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

i have just bought a bmx for my son a hoffman disruptor with a few extra bits on and decided to have a go myself so found one and picked it up today.
    its a wethepeople arcade frame with few salt parts and a stolen upgraded sealed rear wheel. its been over 10 years since i had a bmx and dont know much about them to be honest so any help would be great. all seems good with the bike apart from both crank arms have slight play in them, and im unsure if this is a bearing problem or the crank itself. how do i check these parts to find the problem? thanks

#2 eskimo

eskimo

Advanced Member

• Administrators
    • 5372 posts
    • Interests:Audiophile hardware - Halo - Cosmology

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

If you hold one crank arm and shake/ move the other side; the oposite crank arm you're trying to move will only move if it's the arm that is loose. If they move don't move indepently then it's the bottom bracket.

For the cranks, undo the pinch bolts, tighten the spindle bolts (which are the ones pointing outwards parallel to the ground), then tighten the pinch bolts back up, you should be good. Is they still move, chances are the spindle or cranks are stretched/ worn.

As for the BB it could be a few different things. Report back and then i'll go through them if it's not sorted and you think it's the BB.
    Vimeo Video Channel

Back to BMX Talk · Next Unread Topic →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users